4.When you move to another place
(1)Notification (of Change) of ResidenceYou are required to submit the “Notification of moving in” to the municipality of your place of residence within 14 days of moving in.
【Required Documents】＜Change of residence in Japan＞
- Notification of the Address《forms are available at ward offices and city halls》
- Residence Card
- Certificate of moving out (if applicable)
【Notes】Additional documents might be required.
- If you move within the same city
e.g.) Kyotoshi Kamigyo-ku → Kyotoshi Nakagyo-ku
・Submit the “notification of moving in” to Nakagyo-ku ward office.
- If you move to another city
e.g.) Kyotoshi Kamigyo-ku → Kyotanabeshi
- Submit the “notification of moving out” to Kamigyo-ku ward office and the “notification of moving in” with the certificate of moving out to Kyotanabe city hall.
- Submit the “notification of moving out” to Kyotanabe city hall and the “notification of moving in” with the certificate of moving out to Kamigyo-ku ward office.
(2) Report of Change of AddressWhen your address is changed, change the address registered on the Doshisha University Electronic Tutorial System-DUET and also report the change to the Office of International Students.
(3) Report to Post OfficeIf you submit the “Notification of Change of Address” to the post office, mails addressed to your previous address will be forwarded to your new address free of charge for one year.
For details, please see Japan Post CO.,Ltd Web"Relocation/forwarding service" or ask at the post office.